The parameters that can be changed through the browser are as follows:
- Euler angles for rotating the camera about the focal point.
- Fractal Rotation
- Euler angles for rotating the fractal about the origin.
- A translation of the fractal applied before the camera is rotated
- The parameter c in the map q2+c.
- Focal Length
- Distance from the camera to the image plane
- Frustum Depth
- Distance from the image plane to the far plane
- This parameter determines the scaling matrix Sq discussed in
section . Sq scales the size of the frustum in quaternion
space, so larger scaling values will make the fractal appear smaller.
- The maximum number of iterations of the function to do. This parameter
is generally kept rather low. This has the effect of tracing out a level set
of equal potential. These so called level sets are much smoother than the actual
fractal boundary, which in most cases is not even differentiable.
- This parameter specifies the number of threads to use to fill the depth
- This parameter specifies the number of seconds of inactivity required
before the browser will refresh the rendering window at a higher resolution.
A value of zero disables this feature.